SAMAR KAI ABBOUD
Freelance | Online Marketing Specialist
Social Media Management & Marketing, Digital Advertising, Web Design, Mobile App, Designs & Branding by practice.
(2009 – 2012) Lebanese Canadian University – LCU
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Marketing
– Participated in a competition that binds the Lebanese Canadian University (LCU) with Grenoble Ecole de Management (GEM). I was the team leader of a group of 8 students, and we won the first prize in the GEM Inno Awards for a project presented to Orange Telecom. The subject was to innovate the usage of phonebooths.
Video: ICON – An innovation in the concept of Phone Booth – Orange Telecom
– Presented in 2012 a Thesis Submitted in Fulfillment of the Requirements for the Degree of the Masters in Marketing of Services – titled: “Social Media in the Banking Sector – Case study: Bank Audi”
(2005 – 2009) Lebanese Canadian University – LCU
Bachelor’s Degree, Marketing
INDEPENDENT COURSEWORK & CERTIFICATES
March 2015 – Engage on YouTube (YouTube Creator Academy)
May 2015 – Online Content Strategy – Engaging Audience (Northwestern University)
December 2015 – Social Media Marketing & ORM Certificate with Distinction Grade (Shaw Academy)
February 2016 – Foundation Diploma in Digital Marketing (Shaw Academy)
March 2016 – Foundation Diploma in Web Development Foundation (Shaw Academy)
- (October 2014 – Present) FREELANCE Online Marketing Specialist
- (October 2015 – Present) Online Marketing Specialist
Brandz-Middle East – Lebanon
Website Development: brandzme.com
Building, Creating and Maintaining an e-commerce website: caffitaliano.com
an Online Store for the Italian brand “Caffitaly System” owned by the sole distributor in Lebanon: Brandz Middle East.
Social Media Management
Online Marketing Campaigns
Google Adwords, Facebook, Instagram Ads, Email Marketing
- (May 2015 – June 2020) Online Marketing Specialist
Lamedina Hotel, Jounieh – Lebanon
Website Development: lamedinagroup.com
Social Media Manager & ORM – Digital Advertising
Managing hotel online booking: room rates and availability on Booking.com, Expedia.com, Trivago.com, TripAdvisor.com … & Follow up on all online reviews
- 2016 – 2018 Freelance with Feedeed.com
Wordpress Website Development
- 2015 – 2018 Freelance with Zidentt
Branding & Web Technology
- (October 2007 – December 2016) Online Project Manager
Lead role in managing content on the site: listenarabic.com
Editor in Chief with an eye for creating fresh blog news posts
Creating, Moderating and Marketing Social Media Channels : @ListenArabic
Online Radio App Development : Radio ListenArabic
App published on Android and App store (NB: not available anymore since 2016)
- (October 2014 – April 2016) Freelance Online Marketing Specialist
Tokyo Middle East Restaurant (launched as ‘Tokyo Lebanon’)
TokyoMiddleEast.com | Sushi and Japanese Restaurant
Website Development: TokyoMiddleEast.com
Mobile App Development published on Android and App store (NB: not available anymore since 2016)
Social Media Management, Digital Advertising & Reputation Management.
Curate relevant content to reach the restaurant’s ideal customers.
Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way on all web review sites.
Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns.
- (July 2007 – September 2014) Business Operational Manager
Internet Marketing SARL
Creating work flow and assess team processes.
Setting up a regular tasks and monthly projects.
Reporting monthly progress of employees.
Assisting in company’s payments, invoices, receipts, and cost sheets.
Steering projects from launching to completion.
Working cross functionally with teams to implement processes.
Ongoing Management of company’s purchases and needs.
Preparing & implementing training sessions for certain job titles.
- (2007 – September 2014) Chief Operations Manager
ListenArabic.com (under Internet Marketing SARL)
Create, develop and manage content of the website.
Assign tasks and projects for the editors and graphic designers, and content contributors.
Coordinate web projects across departments
Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout the website and online presence & social media channels.
Maintain and develop a content calendar for all web properties.
Edit and proofread all web content
Provide training for editors and writers of how to creatively write content and use online tools to share content outcome.
Stay up-to-date with emerging web technologies
Track, analyze and report content material and overall website pages.
Work cooperatively with team members.
Create partnerships with specific businesses in direct connection to the core concept of the website.
Prepare radio show schedule and manage the programs.
Monitor progress and results of offline and online campaigns.
Monitor website traffic for continuous improvement.